WHAT ARE BEAUTY FOODS?
There are specific superfoods that are the 'beauty creams' of the edible world, thanks to valuable nutrients that fight signs of aging. Superfoods are part of a holistic approach to beauty and healthy skin. Your skincare routine should absolutely include beauty foods!
What makes something a beauty food?
- Antioxidants - neutralize and combat free radicals (the key to anti-aging)
- Vitamins and minerals - vitamin C in particular promotes collagen production and synthesis
- Healthy fats - essential for skin and brain health
- Hydrating - a key to glowing skin
- Digestion-boosting - gut health and skin are interconnected
- Cleansing and alkalizing - detoxifying, anti-inflammatory, balances pH levels
WHAT ARE ADAPTOGENS?
Adaptogens are a unique and rare group of intelligent plants, herbs, and mushrooms (only one in ~4,000 types of plants are adaptogens). They help your body better handle stress, fatigue, and balance hormones. These non-toxic plants adapt to the body’s specific needs without overstimulation and have been used for centuries in Chinese and Ayurvedic healing traditions.
There are three adaptogenic ingredients in the BEAUTY x BRAINS™ blend: maca, lion’s mane mushroom, and goji berries.